What to Know:
- List the indications, contraindications, and limitations of CUS for airway evaluation.
- Identify clinically relevant sonographic anatomy.
- Perform the required protocols.
- Recognize findings needed to confirm correct endotracheal tube location.
Self-Assessment Quiz: In the works...
SAEM Academy of EUS ResourcesUS Guided Endotracheal Tube Confirmation by Tarina Kang
- ACEP Emergency Ultrasound Guidelines 2016
- Curtis K, Ahern M, Dawson M, Mallin M. Ultrasound-guided, Bougie-assisted Cricothyroidotomy: A Description of a Novel Technique in Cadaveric Models. Acad Emerg Med Off J Soc Acad Emerg Med. 2012.
- Chou H-C, Tseng W-P, Wang C-H, et al. Tracheal rapid ultrasound exam (T.R.U.E.) for confirming endotracheal tube placement during emergency intubation. Resuscitation. 2011;82(10):1279-1284.